The unique Ayurvedic tea blend based on an original recipe by Yogi Bhajan with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and black pepper is now known as YOGI TEA® Classic. It was first offered in Europe in the 1970s and officially sold under the brand name of YOGI TEA® starting in 1989. People from around the world now appreciate the special flavours of more than 80 selected certified organic herbs and spices that give the 50 varieties of YOGI TEA® their incomparable aroma.
- We serve – we do this by serving a genuine and quality product to our consumers and by serving and caring for the interests of all stakeholders.
- We are authentic, respectful and honest. Our products are based on the Indian philosophy of Ayurveda and the enjoyment of selected certified organic herbs and spices.
- We are passionate about what we do – we are committed to excellence and to a discipline of doing the right things right.
- We create products with high standards. At the same time, we protect the environment and take responsibly for our impact on it.
- We will continuously improve – by creating a learning environment, by empowering our team members and by providing training and growth for people to develop and achieve their highest potential, within a pleasant and safe workplace.
- We operate with integrity – it is fundamental to all aspects of our dealings with our stakeholders.
The Original YOGI TEA recipe
- 10 ounces of water (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 whole green cracked cardamom pods
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 slices fresh ginger root
- ½ stick cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black tea
- ½ cup milk or milk substitute
Cooking Instructions:Using a large pot, bring water to boiling and carefully add spices. Cover and boil 15 to 20 minutes, then add black tea. Let sit for 3-5 minutes, then add the milk and return to a boil. Upon reaching a boil, carefully remove from heat and strain. If desired, add honey for sweetness. Makes one 8 ounce serving.